ANIMATED GAME STUDY PROGRAM
ART AND DESIGN DEPARTMENT
FACULTY OF LITERATURE
MALANG STATE UNIVERSITY
- Prodi name
D3 ANIMATED GAME
- Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Study Program
The vision of the D3 Animation Study Program is to become a superior higher education provider in the development of non-educational science in the field of animation and applied media such as multimedia and visual game designers in 2022, especially superior in animation visualization and 3-dimensional applied media based on local content and care for human values.
The mission of the D3 Animation Study Program is
- The D3 Animation Study Program organizes higher education in order to increase equity and expand access for people in non-education in the fields of animation, multimedia and games that have a specialization in the visualization of animation and 3D games based on local content.
- The D3 Animation Study Program improves the quality, relevance and competitiveness through education and learning, research and development of science, as well as community service in non-educational science in the fields of animation, multimedia and games that are directed at visualizing animation and 3-dimensional games based on local content.
- D3 Animation Prodi builds a healthy organization in order to strengthen governance, accountability, and public image.
To realize the vision and mission that has been set, the following three points of objectives are formulated.
- Field of Equity and Expansion of Access
The development of the D3 Animation Study Program in the field of equalization and expansion of access has the following objectives.
- Developing vocational and professional education programs that specialize in visualizing animation and 3D games based on local content.
- Increase student capacity.
- Provide learning opportunities for high achievers and economically disadvantaged people.
- Expanding the reach of learning services by developing information and communication technology (ICT).
- Increase the number and quality of cooperation both nationally and Southeast Asia with educational institutions, professional industries and local governments.
- Building an alumni forum and increasing the participation of alumni in the development of the D3 Animation Study Program.
- Build a user community network for expanding alumni demand.
- Areas of Quality Improvement, Relevance and Competitiveness
The development of D3 Animation Study Program in the field of quality improvement, relevance and competitiveness has the following objectives.
- Improve the quality of student input.
- Improving the quality of lecturers, especially realizing animation visualization and 3D games based on local content.
- Improve the quality of learning by referring to the National Education Standards (SNP).
- Improve the relationship between academic activities between lecturers and students, as well as outsiders.
- Increase education funding through block grants, cooperation, and short course
- Improve the quality and utilization of educational facilities and infrastructure.
- Increasing the relevance of the curriculum in the field of study with the user community, especially the game and animation industry, both national and Southeast Asia.
- Improve the quality of intracurricular coaching and student activities.
- To improve research work with non-educational quality in the field of games and animation, both national and Southeast Asia.
- Increase activity, productivity, and scientific publications, especially based on animated visualization and 3D games based on local content.
- Increase creative activities and quality art and design responses.
- Cultivate the acquisition of Intellectual Property Rights (HAKI) for the work of Lecturers and Students.
- Increase quality community service work, and increase social commitment.
- Practicing and realizing education and non-education in the fields of art and design.
- Improve the competence and professionalism of educational personnel through certification and professional education for lecturers.
- Improve the quality of D3 Animation Prodi graduates.
- Strengthening Governance, Accountability, and Public Image
The development of the D3 Animation Study Program in the field of strengthening governance, accountability, and public imaging has the following objectives.
- Strengthening institutional and organizational capacity.
- Strengthening the capacity and competence of officials.
- Strengthening the system for providing education, research, and community service.
- Strengthening the arrangement and management of facilities and infrastructure.
- Strengthening the arrangement of budget management patterns that are transparent and accountable.
- Strengthening human resource management systems.
- Strengthening the quality of lecture program management.
- Strengthening the public image through the real contribution of the practice of educational and non-educational sciences in the fields of art and design.
- Improve public image and services through various media.
- Improve image through the role of alumni
- GRADUATES PROFILE
Animation Study Program, Department of Art and Design, Faculty of Letters, State University of Malang is designed and directed to become novice professionals in the world of animation and applied media who can take part in both national and Southeast Asia such as 2D / 3D Animators, Character Designers, Animation Industry beginner developers, Game Designers / Multimedia, Game Industry startup developer, Game Asset Designer. The profile of graduates from the Animation study program has advantages in the field games 3-dimensional animation with nuances of Indonesian local culture and prioritizing works games animation that contains education in a global context and fosters the spirit of interpreneurship in the soul of every D3 Animation study program graduate.
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
Mastery of Knowledge
- Mastering skills in designing interface designs, characters, properties, environment and music in applied media
- Mastering knowledge of the basic principles of Indonesian cultural arts, archipelago cultural patterns and philosophy in the visualization of local culture-based animated game works
- Mastering basic knowledge in the fields of photography and videography as well as video editing and special effects to support work in the field of applied media and animation.
- Mastering skills to produce 2D and 3D applied media in individual or group production patterns
- Mastering the design of short animation concepts individually or in groups
- Mastering logic design, flow diagrams and interface design as a basis for interactive multimedia design both on computers and
- Able to create 2D & 3D animation according to animation principles
- Able in the management, management and marketing of applied or animated media production with entrepreneurial concepts in the creative industry at both national and international levels.
- Able to identify managerial problems and organizational functions at the operational level, as well as take appropriate solutions based on alternatives developed, by applying entrepreneurial principles rooted in local wisdom.
- Able to understand the application of intellectual property rights in the study of animation work
- Able to design sketches, shapes, typography, audio design and 3D design both manually and with the help of software as a basis for making applied media and animation works.
- Able to design visualization of character models (sclupt and digital), digital illustrations and comics as a basis for making applied and animated media works.
- Able to use programming languages and supporting program media in making applied media
- Able to be responsible for managing the production of works in the applied media and animation
- Able to compete and adapt to industrial developments in the applied media and animation, both nationally and internationally
CURRICULUM OF ANIMATED DIPLOMA III STUDY PROGRAM
ART AND DESIGN DEPARTMENT
|A. Personal Development Courses||8|
|B. Skills Subjects||73|
|C. Work Skills Courses:|
|Compulsory Work Skills Subject||10|
|Elective Work Skills Subject||12|
|D. Work Behavior Subject||6|
|E. Subjects on Community Life||4|
THE SPREAD OF THE MATAKULIAH
|No.||Password||Courses||credits||js||Semester||T / P / R||Status||Precondition|
|A||PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT MATAKULIAH (MPK)|
|2||UMPK602||Protestant Religious Education *||2||(2)||2||T||√|
|3||UMPK603||Catholic Religious Education *||2||(2)||2||T||√|
|4||UMPK604||Hindu Religious Education *||2||(2)||2||T||√|
|5||UMPK605||Buddhist Religious Education *||2||(2)||2||T||√|
|B||SCIENCE AND SKILLS (MKK)|
|a. Basic Science|
|1||FSAS601||Introduction to the Philosophy of Science||2||2||2||T||√|
|b. Science and Skills|
|2||GSED501||Art Profession English||2||2||2||T||√|
|4||NAGA502||Review Game Animations||3||4||3||T||√|
|7||NAGA505||Sclupting Character Modeling||3||4||3||R||√|
|8||NAGA506||Animation Compositing v||3||4||3||R||√|
|9||NAGA507||Digital Character Modeling||3||4||3||R||√|
|13||GRDA501||Nirmana 2 Dimensions||3||4||3||R||√|
|14||GRDA502||Nirmana 3 Dimensions||3||4||3||R||√||GRDA501|
|17||Humans and Culture||2||3||2||T||√|
|C||MATAKULIAH SKILLED EXPERTISE (MKB)|
|1||NAGA513||Animations Stop Motion||3||4||3||R|
|2||NAGA520||Project Game Animation: Scenarios||3||4||3||R||√|
|3||NAGA521||Project Game Animation: Production||4||6||4||R||√||NAGA520|
|b. CHOICE MKB|
|1. Game Options|
|2||NAGA515||2 Dimensional Game Design||3||4||3||R||√||NAGA504|
|3||NAGA516||3 Dimensional Game Design||3||4||3||R||√||NAGA504|
|4||NAGA522||Project Game Animations: GameProgramming||3||4||3||R||√||NAGA520|
|2. Animation options|
|2||NAGA518||Design Animations 2 Dimensions||3||4||3||R||√||GRDA508|
|3||NAGA519||Design Animations 3-dimensions||3||4||3||R||√||GRDA509|
|4||NAGA523||Project Game Animations: Game Character Design & Interface||3||4||3||R||√||NAGA520|
|D||MATAKULIAH WORKING BEHAVIOR (MPB)|
|1||NAGA590||Design Final Project||6||–||6||P||√||Arranged separately|
|E||COMMUNITY LIVING MATAKULIAH (MBB)|
|1||GDKA502||Professional Work Practices||4||–||4||P||√||Arranged separately|
Note: credit for courses marked with () means it can be taken in that semester.